HitGrab is an indie game development company with a desire to be one of the leading mobile and social electronic entertainment companies in Canada through the rigorous pursuit of continuous improvement, creative innovation, rock solid game mechanics and an all out passion for our players.
HitGrab Inc. is looking for an experienced Unity developer to take a leadership front-end dev. role in prototyping, producing, and shipping exciting new augmented reality titles. You will perform a senior role within a collaborative ‘skunk works’ team whose job will be to provide creative ideation, superlative UX, gameplay psychology, and leverage technical best practice to produce incredible products. The ideal candidate will share our passion for AR, gaming, excellence, continuous growth, and hard work.
- Responsible for designing, prototyping and creating novel interactive experiences with no handholding or micromanagement. You can start contributing to the engine from day one.
- Architect and build the core front-end systems used by our AR apps.
- Work directly with game design team and art team to ensure Unity mechanics enable amazing user experiences.
- Be part of rethinking everything about game design, from low level mechanics to experiential goals – and the possibilities that AR affords.
- Relentless pursuit of perfection in each and every detail of a coding, regardless of how small it may be.
- Sweet coding skills: clean, lean, and easy to maintain.
- Identify and solve problems across the product and development pipeline.
- Profile and optimize performance issues.
- Continuously evolving code that reflects the latest industry shifts
- Debugging memory leaks, asset/code optimization, and drawing issues
- Creation of type data/rule sets/configuration data (in game items, unit types, player classes, etc.)
- This is a senior game design position, the candidate will be required to lead from the front in all aspects of their work and team engagement.
- The candidate will be expected to meet agreed upon project management milestones and provide reports for delays.
- Feedback and input for social media engagement purposes will be required on a regular, but well spaced, basis.
- The ideal candidate must be able to appreciate good coffee, because life is too short to drink bad coffee.
- Carry out all other needed tasks as needed to ensure the roll out of quality products.
We’ve taken a leaf out of Google’s book and don’t see your education as the leading factor in successful candidacy. We’re more interested in your portfolio of evidence, your attitude, your work ethic, and your ability to fit into our company culture.
- Proven evidence of being a self disciplined go-getter and self-starter, but also with a firm belief in the power of team, and a person who never hesitates to collaborate with others.
- Highly experienced in C# or C++.
- A passion for AR and an expert knowledge of Unity SDK (2+ years).
- Familiarity with Unity’s profiler / analytics system
- Solid experience debugging memory leaks, asset/code optimization, and drawing issues
- Rapid Prototyping of functionality and designs to explore the unique challenges holograms within Augmented Reality (Unity, C#).
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- General experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining game economies.
- Experienced in collaborating closely with art, design, engineering, audio, and production team.
- Experienced in prototyping games or significant new systems.
- Passion for designing games and analyzing the design and architecture of other games, specifically in the motion control or AR space.
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to laugh is a must.
- Experience in the following will be favorable:
- Experience leading teams in the development of Unity titles.
- ARKit, SceneKit, Xcode 9
- Apteligent, Google Location, ReactiveX, Square Open Source SDK
- Experience writing apps that communicate with devices
- Familiarity with 3D (Maya, Blender)
- Strong sense of design and UX
- Full Time
- This position is only available to applicants in the Toronto area. Relocation is not offered.
- The salary for this position is $CAD 65000-90000, based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
If this position resonates with your skills and passions please send your resume and a short introduction letter telling us why you think you’re the right person for the job, to: ‘unity AT hitgrab.com‘ .